Clayton PD logo


Chief"s Message

Our Mission

Clayton Views

Helpful Links

Frequently Used Forms


Clayton Police Department

6000 Heritage Trail
Clayton, CA 94517

Phone: 925-673-7350
Fax: 925-672-1429

Contact Us




Parking & Traffic:

RV Permits

The parking of Recreational Vehicles (RV’s) on the City of Clayton’s public streets and roads, without a Temporary Parking Permit, is prohibited and a violation of section 10.41.030 of the Clayton Municipal Code. In the past, RV owners could lawfully park their RV’s for up to 72 hours without a parking permit. However, because of many complaints about public RV parking, the City’s RV Parking Ordinance, was recently amended to effectively address public RV parking, and became effective on May 17, 2007. As a result, and in order to lawfully park your RV on the public streets or roads, all RV’s must display a Temporary Parking Permit.

The Temporary Parking Permit can be obtained from the Police Department by calling 673-7350, or by going to the City’s Web Site and “clicking” onto the link for a Temporary Parking Permit. There is no fee for the permit. For a nominal fee, guests of a Clayton resident can park on the public street or road for up to 10 days after obtaining a Temporary Guest Parking Permit. The Temporary Parking Permit will allow the owner of a RV to legally park on the public streets or roads for up to 72 hours before and for up to an additional 72 hours after each trip. The permit must be displayed on the RV’s dash board and be plainly visible.

As a reminder, RV’s can still be parked on private property for up to 120 hours (five days) without a permit. Pick-up trucks with camper shells are not included in this new RV Ordinance.

RV Parking Permit Application

Bicycle Licenses

A bicycle license can be procured from the Clayton Police Department for a fee of $3. Please bring details of your bicycle with you such as serial number, make, model, description and frame size. Most of these details can be found on your sales receipt, if in your possession.

Correctible Citations

If you have a moving citation that was marked correctible by the officer, you may come to the police department to have your citation signed off. The cost of this service is $24. If you are a Clayton resident or you have a Clayton ticket that was issued to you, there is no cost for the sign-off of the citation by a Clayton officer. Tickets that are marked correctible for “no insurance” (CVC 16028) will not be signed off by our department. These tickets need to be signed off by the courts. If you need to reach traffic court for more information on a citation that was issued to you, the office is located at 2970 Willow Pass Rd in Concord. The phone number for traffic court is 925-646-5404.

Parking Tickets

If you are interested in paying or contesting a parking ticket that you have received from our department, please contact Data Ticket at 1-800-989-2058.


                                                             All rights reserved © 2007 and beyond by the City of Clayton, CA